ITAMChannel is a hub of coverage for all the latest news and views within the IT Asset Management Industry

The Benefits of a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Policy

SHARE
,

Basically the benefits of BYOD fall into 3 main areas: cost, productivity and employee morale. Let’s look at each of these in turn.

Cost

Implementing a BYOD policy delivers savings to organizations by reducing the overall cost of having to purchase mobile devices. Rather than having to buy all the hardware and service contracts themselves, a BYOD policy moves these costs to the employee, with the company only paying for what is used for business purposes.

Research by PC World suggests that this could save around $80 per month, per user. You would think that passing this cost to the employee would be a barrier to the introduction of a BYOD policy. But, research by Good Technology State Report has shown that 50% of companies with a BYOD policy, which requires employees to cover all the costs, say the employees are happy to do so.

The final cost saving links in to the second area – productivity. There have been many studies on the time that can be saved by employees. These range from 47 minutes per day, through to 240 hours per year . Converted to cash, this could mean productivity savings of between $300 and $1,300 per year for each employee, dependant on their job role.

SOURCE: certero.com

Tags: , ,

SHARE

Posted by:

Certero are a vendor and supplier of products and solutions for: IT Asset Management (ITAM), Software Asset Management (SAM) and Software License Optimization and Entitlement (SLOE). Complimented by tailored services, our mission is to provide the best solutions that work individually and holistically together, seamlessly and optimally on a single platform – AssetStudio.

The AssetStudio platform consists of a number of products designed to solve a specific software asset management problem. It covers the entire IT estate, including: mobiles & tablets, laptops & desktops, servers, datacentre and the Cloud. Across all the major software environments: Microsoft Windows & Apple Mac OS, IBM, SAP, Oracle and UNIX/Linux.

Reduced complexity, cost and resources

It is currently estimated that on average, 70% of a software asset manager’s time is spent collating, interpreting and analyzing data from various sources. This leaves only 30% to actually act upon the knowledge, perform software optimization tasks and drive forward the software asset management agenda within the organization.

Now, with a single, holistic source of hardware and software asset information, with integrated reporting transforming data into useful knowledge, managers can access the information they require in seconds.

Developed from a single vision, the AssetStudio software asset management platform:
• Takes feeds from all the major ITAM solutions
• Gives a single unified data source for all software asset management
• Delivers a common modern graphical user interface across the entire platform
• Offers rich integrated reporting and business intelligence to quickly find the information you need

Related Articles