The IBM License Metric Tool (ILMT) is designed to help IBM Passport Advantage customers determine their full and sub-capacity processor value units (PVU) licensing requirements. It helps calculate the number of PVUs available to installed Passport Advantage PVU-based software, including supported virtualized servers.
According to IBM it will help:
- Achieve and maintain compliance with Passport Advantage license terms – generates reports to help determine if you have the appropriate number of PVU license entitlements (full and sub-capacity) for each Passport Advantage PVU-based product installed in your environment.
- Comply with Passport Advantage sub-capacity offerings license terms – These terms require that you create, verify, adjust, sign and save IBM License Metric Tool reports. With sub-capacity licensing, you are only charged for the logical or virtual server capacity in use by Passport Advantage PVU-based software.
- Support distributed server virtualization – This tool helps provide PVU-based software inventory reports to help manage diversified workload consolidations onto virtualized servers.
- Lower liability risks – reduces the risk of not meeting your Passport Advantage PVU-based contractual licensing conditions, along with avoiding the expense of unplanned license compliance payments.
- Track IBM PVU-based software inventory – helps maintain that continuously updated inventory of Passport Advantage PVU-based software assets are installed on the network.