Myth – “A widely held but false belief or idea.”
In the Oracle eco-system a number of myths and misconceptions have grown up around purchasing from Oracle. These are myths I’ve heard from talking to customers regularly. Perhaps you also know a few you can share.
Here are 5 of our top 10 Negotiation Myths:
- My company is too small to get a good discount.
- Oracle say their products lines are not connected and won’t give me discount across all products.
- Oracle say I need to buy a ULA to solve a non-compliance.
- I am told I can’t have products on a price hold that I have not bought.
- I want to do an annual true up like Microsoft but told I can’t.